Ready for a scholarship?
use the form below to get started
Key criteria for the application includes:
- The application process will start July 6th and application deadline is July 26th.
- The first phase of the application (essay) is due by Sunday, July 26th at midnight.
- The second phase of the application (interview) will happen between July 27th and August 8th.
- The scholarships will be given out in person (location TBD) sometime the week of August 10-15 depending on everyone’s schedules.
- Complete the online application form. Within the application you will have the opportunity to submit your application essay.
- The first phase of the application process is to write a 900 – 1,100 word essay (please no longer than 1,100 words, no exceptions).
- The essay is meant to be open ended, so write the essay however you’d like. In your essay, we’d like you to start by giving us some information about yourself (where you’re from, where you go to school, what you’re studying).
- Next, please illustrate what would make you a strong candidate for the Undergrads Scholarship. We are looking for compelling examples and stories of why you are a deserving candidate for a scholarship. You could write about what you plan on doing with the funds, the journey you have overcome to get to where you are today in your academic career, how you are an excellent steward to your community and those around you.
- This is meant to be open ended, yet compelling enough to separate yourself. A very important piece of the essay will be explaining what you plan to do with the funds and why you need them.
- The second phase of the application process will be a follow up interview with Thomas and I to determine the final scholarship recipients.
- The most important factor that goes into our decision is the essay (your story, why you need the money, how you plan to use the money, etc.)
- The application is open to ANYONE who currently works for Undergrads. Tenure with Undergrads is also a factor, but it is not a requirement to apply. Time spent with the company is important to us, but giving the scholarship to someone who can use the money in the most positive manner is by far the most important factor.
- Location does NOT play a role at all in selection. The scholarships will solely be given on merit.
- We are looking to award the scholarships to individuals who exemplify the Undergrads mission. Those who demonstrate a willingness to excel in school, their community, and professionally.
- We hope to support these individuals as much as possible as they pursue their college degree.